Fugro is hiring GIS Consultant
Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Through integrated data acquisition, analysis and advice, we unlock insights from Geo-data to help our clients design, build and operate their assets in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Fugro’s office in Oslo, Norway is now hiring a GIS Consultant. We conduct hydrographic, geological and environmental surveys of the seabed. Our market varies from oil & gas and offshore wind companies to offshore fish farms, deep sea mining and maritime infrastructure.
We use software from Esri for both desktop and enterprise GIS. You will be part of a small team where everyone needs to know the bigger picture. This means that you will be able to develop your GIS skills within data management, charting, modelling, scripting, analysis and web mapping.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage survey data into geodatabases
- Responsible for creating client GIS deliverables
- Data transformations, metadata creation, charting and GIS analysis
- Support tendering with vessel-line planning and analysis
- Contribute to automation and improvement of GIS workflows (Python, Java and JSON)
- Create, maintain, and support web map applications using ArcGIS Enterprise and Geocortex Essentials
We are looking for a newly graduated GIS candidate with the following qualifications:
- MSc or Siv. Ing. level degree in GIS or Geomatics
- Newly graduated or maximum 1-2 year experience
- Some experience with Esri software
- Eagerness to acquire new skills and be innovative in creating new ways to work
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, both oral and in writing
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate has some experience with hydrographic/geophysical data, but this is not required
As a leading company in our market, Fugro can offer an interesting, international and inspiring job opportunity. Our work environment is characterized by enthusiasm, team spirit and commitment. We provide a competitive salary, flexible work hours and good pension and insurance arrangements.
If you are interested in this position and meet most of the above criteria, send your application and CV on www.fugro.com
For further information about the position please contact Robert Abelsen, email@example.com