Danmarks Tekniske Universitet seeks Senior Advisor in Navigation
The candidate is expected to take a leading role in developing the strategic research in GNSS for positioning and navigation and the associated public sector consultancy. In addition, the candidate is expected to participate in innovation activities and to contribute to the education.
The primary responsibilities and tasks are to:
- Strengthen the research in high accuracy GNSS positioning and navigation including analysis and modelling of error sources such as multipath and atmospheric effects,
- Lead, promote and further develop the public sector consultancy in the fields of geodesy and navigation with a special focus on Galileo and EGNOS,
- Lead and develop strategic research related to GNSS addressing need of the public sector and relevant committees and working groups,
- Be a driving force in dissemination of results of strategic research and perspectives to the pubic sector and relevant committees, and
- Establish new and strengthen existing networking with the private sector and establish collaboration projects on innovation related to GNSS.
In addition, the candidate is expected to attract major external funding from other sources and manage a research team, to collaborate with the private sector, guide and supervise assistant professors and researchers, and to carry out academic assessment work. Participation in other activities of the department such as teaching in Geodesy and Geoinformatics in both Danish and in English will also be required.
The section of Geodesy contributes actively to Arctic DTU, Security DTU, and DTU Space Drone Centre. Parts of the teaching are coordinated with DTU Civil Engineering and DTU Environment.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc
- document didactic/pedagogic training
In addition, the candidate must have
- Research experience with high accuracy GNSS based positioning and navigation including modelling of atmospheric effects at highest international level,
- Documented, significant experience in research management,
- Substantial experience in public sector consultancy, including participation in relevant international boards and working groups,
- Experiences with geodetic reference frames, reference networks, and coordinate transformations
- In depth knowledge about the Danish geo-data sector and in collaborating with the associated private sector, and
- Experience with teaching at all university levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D.)
- Experience with teaching in both Danish and in English. For international candidates, DTU offers Danish language courses for the purpose of being able to teach in Danish within the first 2-3 years.
It is considered important that the candidate
- has a positive approach to challenges and a collaborative nature,
- is ready to actively and constructively engage in collaborations with colleagues and external partners,
- desires to work with young people, and
- has good interpersonal and communication skills.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- experience in teaching and education
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
For the specific position consideration will also be given to experience with public sector consultancy, experience with the RTK and PPP GNSS positioning techniques, experience with air, sea and land navigation, experience from the private sector, the ability to teach B.Sc. students in Danish, and the ability to teach M.Sc. students in English.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Teaching Bachelor students takes place partly at the DTU Ballerup campus, Lyngby campus, as well as at the Sisimiut campus.
Further information may be obtained from Head of section, professor Per Knudsen, +45 4525 9718.
You can read more about DTU Space on https://www.space.dtu.dk/
Please submit your online application no later than 9 December 2018. Apply at www.career.dtu.dk
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for participation in teacher training course
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Space uses space as a base for research and technology development in order to learn more about the Universe and Earth, to study climate and environment on Earth and create results and technologies that benefit society.
DTU Space has about 145 employees, an annual turn-over of about 130 MDKK and it is located at the Lyngby Campus of the Technical University of Denmark together with 19 other institutes within the technical sciences. DTU Space uses space as a base for research and technology development in order to learn more about the Universe and Earth, to study climate and environment on Earth and create results and technologies that benefit society.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.